This is a Grand event of our council and to make it huge, we have planned the following key aspects:
- Inauguration by Honorable Tourism Minister Sudurpashim province Hon. Prakash Rawal.
- Chair of ceremony Leo Tara Prasad Guragain.
- Keynote speaking by Prof. Dr. Hemraj pant.
- Camping & Visit: Shiva Lingaa and Dodhara Chadani suspension Bridge
- Cultural Performances: Cultural performances by Different artist.
Leo District councils Vision primarily focuses on dimensions of Nation development via youth empowerment, tourism, local investment, notion, cultural promotion
- To empower the youth through
seminar, visit, sightseeing and involvement of youth in invigilatethe development programs.
- Introduce Far western Nepal as a prime destination for the development of Nepal.
- Flourish, explore and advertise natural beauty, scenarios of Kanchanpur.
- Promote cultural heritage, tradition, customs, practices
- Prospect of opportunities in industries, trade, commerce and tourism of specific Kanchanpur region.
- Promote and flourish Literature of
ofAdventurous and recreationalActivities . Promotingnearby potential tourist Hubs.
Highlights of the Event
- Social Service Service is the prime notion of LEO. Along with camp activities, we have planned to organize various social service campaigns in Kanchanpur match our theme. We believe this will help the participants to know the local life better while forming a strong bond with each other.
- Encouragement youth for personality and nation development With an aim to bring youth towards the reality of the prospects of the nation, participants will be encouraged to invest their future in tourism entrepreneurship in this mega event. Apart from that, various training and sessions will be organized for personality and leadership development.
- Seminars and workshops we will organize leadership workshops involving various leadership experts to orient participants with their knowledge. The seminars,
trainings, workshops andspeeches are intended to cultivate the “Venture Idea” into the participants.
- Tourism ventures the amazing movement to explore natural beauty of Nepal is actually a blessing. Far western Nepal, a package of beauty, culture and tradition with its astonishing topographical variation is a must visit place in Nepal. Kanchanpur provides a feelings of unity in diversity.
National as well as International Youths aged 18 – 30 years: 147
National Lions: 18
Other Invited Guests: 10
It is a town located at a Centre of Kanchanpur district, Mahakali Zone, Sudurpashim Province established on 2034 BS by
Dodhara Suspension Bridge
The Dodhara Chandani Bridge commonly known as Mahakali Bridge is a suspension bridge for foot-travelers and at this point only about 1496.5 m long over Mahakali River in far-west of Nepal. The bridge is designed as a foot-travelers bridge, but will also ride bicycle & light motorcycles, which is also fully staffed can pass each other as everywhere in Nepal. It is a largest suspension bridge in Nepal & second largest suspension bridge in Asia. It is a one of the main tourist place of Mahendranagar.
A Linga is a very complex symbol of Hinduism. It is associated with Shiva, supreme god in main gods of Hindus. The Hindu scriptures say that Linga represents energy and strength. Lingeshwor Dham is located at the Bedkot municipality. The place is approximately 7 km from
Day 1 (4th jan.)
Inauguration Ceremony & Award Ceremony 2017/18 at Bhanu Party Palace.
On January 4 the registration of program starts sharp 1:00 pm. Then the Leos from the different clubs district registered their names for the program and at sharp 2:00 pm the rally started and rally contain participation of more than 300 Leos and non-Leos with different guests. The inauguration of the award ceremony was done by our chief guest honorable tourism minister Lion Prakash Rawal, honorable guest municipality head of Bhimdutta municipality Mr. Surendra Bist & honorable guest municipality head of Bedkot municipality Mr. Ashok Kumar Chand. Then after our immediate past President Leo. Shardul Mayur Kashudhan distributed the awards to
Day 2 (5th Jan.)
District Board meeting, District Council Meeting, Delegates visit Shiv Linga and Dodhara Suspension Bridge.
All the Leos woke up sharp 7 Am and then gathered at Bhanu party palace (venue of our meeting) for breakfast. After breakfast, our district board members gathered at Hotel Opera for District board meeting where some decisions were done by the board members. Around 9:00 am every councilor gathered for the council meeting. Then council meeting long lasts for 4 hours of long discussion about many agendas. Very strong points were kept by councilors at the meeting and immediately after the council meeting, the lunch was served. After enjoying the lunch all the delegates move towards our first visiting spot Lingeshwor Dham after the journey of 30 min delegates arrived at the Lingeshwor Dham and explore the beauty of the wonderful place Linga. Captured many photos for our future memories and knowledge about the history of the place Lingeshwor Dham.
Because of lack of time we do not spend much time at the linga and moved toward our another visiting spot Dodhara Chandani suspension and we reach there by 5:00 PM and got the chance to explore the beauty of the setting sun by the bridge which is the second longest suspension bridge in Asia having length of 1496.5 Meter. We captured the memories of the place in our memory as well as in camera. Then we move back to venue and departure accordingly.